The restaurant featured Executive Chef Stefan Glantschnig and his Sous Chef Daniel Thür from the Waldhof Resort in Scheffau am Walden Kaiser, Austria. Stefan won Junge Wilde 2017 in Hamburg, Germany. This contest showcases chefs under 30 years of age and had over 2400 participants. The award translates to Young and Wild and he says he is taking local cuisine to the next level.
“I think the festival was a great opportunity that brought many different chefs together,” said Stefan, “We celebrated food at its best.” Stefan throughly enjoyed his first trip to Mexico and hopes to visit again.
Here is his Austrian inspired menu, which is a la carte.
Vorspeisen – Appetizers
- Paprika, goat cheese, cumin & turnip
- Carpaccio vom Thunfisch – Tuna carpaccio, oranges, quince with pita bread
- Jakobsmuschel – Diver scallops, dashi, celery, ginger and parsley
- Entenleber – Fois gras, brioche, melon, pumpkin and orange
Zwischengerichte – Second Appetizers
- Goldfisch – Mahi Mahi, radish, camomile, cardamom vinaigrette and olives
- Gnocchi, pumpkin, nut butter foam and walnuts
- Ravioli with mushrooms, chile, almonds and celery
Hauptgänge – Main Courses
- Wachtel – Quail served with plum, mashed potatoes, roasted onions and tantori massala
- Rotbarsch – Red Snapper served with faba beans, clear fish soup, purslane and lemon
- Lamm – Lamb, cous cous, peking duck lack, fermented pepper and celery purée
- Rosini – Beef fillet, duck liver, truffel, mashed potatoes and baby carrots
- Kalbsbries – Veal sweetbreads, beets, pumpkin and curry sauce
Nachtisch – Desserts
- Zitronen Tarte – Lemon tart with ricotta, confit and walnuts
- Joghurt withberries and short bread
The regular a la carte menu will also be available. The special menu is served from noon until 11pm at Kaiser Maximilian Espresso Bar, Olas Altas 380-C and from 6 to 11pm in The Main Dining Room, Olas Altas 380-B. Sample some of Austria’s most innovating and best-tasting inventions at Kaiser Maximilian.